Re: installing ufraw on buster

On Sun 31 Dec 2017 at 16:26:48 +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> On Sunday, 31 Dec 2017 at 16:07, Brian wrote:
> > On Sun 31 Dec 2017 at 15:53:14 +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> >> But apt-get does not?  I've only started using apt instead of apt-cache
> >> and apt-get recently so I'm not up to speed on the differences.
> >
> > /usr/share/doc/apt/NEWS.Debian.gz.
>
> Thanks.  Confusing to have two different outcomes from very similar
> commands but so be it!

Indeed; especially if you are coming from apt-get. But, if you think
about it, do users want to keep all the debs they have downloaded? In
some circumstances on some machines I know I do, but, on the whole,
updating and upgrading is without regard to future problems. Anyway,
snapshot.debian.org is at hand.

I'm moved to suggest that apt rather than apt-get is the recommended
utility to be advised in debian-user. Fewer keystrokes. :)

--
Brian.