Re: KDE-Plasma Hibernation

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017, rudu wrote:

> running a debian/buster kde-plasma environment for maybe a year already, but I
> can't find a way to make the Kickoff>Leave menu to show any choice other than
> system> quit or restart (apart from the usual session options).

Is powerdevil installed?  Do suspend/ hibernate show up anywhere at all?
Does the dialog at systemsettings> power appear and work?
In systemsettings> startup and shutdown> desktop session, is "offer
shutdown options" ticked?

I use Application Dashboard instead of Kickoff, you can drag the icons
from the "Power / Session" menu to the favorites area on the left.

/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d is empty, not sure why tha would
need tweaking, can you provide a link?

I did tweak this:
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.UPower.conf
because "org.freedesktop.UPower.KbdBacklight" was preventing powerdevil
from starting correctly.

Stick with it, and good luck!