Re: Re: Is there any software where I can find free software suggestions classified by category and by user rating in Debian?

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 06:46:15PM +0100, Pablo Castillo Rivas wrote:
> > Probably you're looking for this:
> > > https://packages.debian.org/stretch/gnome-software <https://packages.debian.org/stretch/gnome-software>
>

> Despite there are few user votes, that is basically what I missed. Thanks.
> Since it is an easy, time-saving way to find apps, why isn't something like
> this included in the Debian installation?

Such software would serve no purpose in a typical server environment.
It has a very limited function in build chroot.
And contrary to what Debian GNOME Maintainers want you to believe, the
desktop environment world does not end with GNOME. And like most GNOME
software, gnome-software (pun intended) is completely useless outside of
GNOME.

Reco