Problems making a bootable DVD

Thought you might want to know...

I recently downloaded the debian-live-9.3.0-i386-gnome.iso image hoping to create a bootable DVD for "test-driving" the new Debian OS.
I first tried to use 7Zip to burn the DVD, but the result was not bootable, which is a shame as this would have been the perfect workable solution.  So then I tried some of the links suggested at

	https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-windows

Unfortunately, for the freeware programs, these links are either broken, or the attempted download caused my anti-virus software to go into high-alert mode and immediately pounce on and delete the files as I tried to download them.  (This applies to the links for 'ImgBurn', 'CDBurnerXP Pro' and 'ISO Recorder').

I am currently experimenting with another program that I remember using with some success on a previous occasion (from www.isobuster.com) and hoping I can eventually get a bootable DVD so I can finally check out the new Debian.

I thought I would let you know the above in case you wanted to take action to save other prospective new Debian users from a similar fate - wasting their time turning to the above software to try and get a bootable DVD and maybe ending up with a virus on their system for their troubles as well.

Best regards (and seasons greetings)!