Re: port scans (OT?)

Hi,

Richard Hector wrote:
> Does that mean that all files transferred
> will use your bandwidth, twice, and any enforcement authorities that
> come looking will assume you're the one doing it?

No. Two confused client programs will try to get each other to work.
At a rate of 10 bytes per second they need quite some time to notice
that they are misconnected. Of course my Foppserver imposes a transfer
limit and from time to time alters one of the few transferred bytes.

It lasts less long if i connect the caller with the same port number
on his own machine that he uses on my machine. Seems to be a normal
user error and expected by the clients.

But that's nostalgy meanwhile. Network hardware has changed and i don't
get to see the visitors at my workstation any more.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas