Re: Youtube - newbie guidance

On 2017-12-23 09:06 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> Just be prepared for the site owner's indifference, even
> hostility, to any such tool. None of them will keep working
> when YouTube is arbitrarily changed, which happens a number of
> times each year.

Right. You occasionally have to install a new version from
upstream, which in this case is easy : download from their site
and plop into /usr/local/bin or ~/bin so that command
"youtube-dl" refers to the new version instead of the now
useless /usr/bin/youtube-dl provided by the Debian package.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
If the Debian project published their users' email addresses,