Re: scanners no more found on an amd64 laptop

On Fri 22 Dec 2017 at 15:57:37 +0100, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> until yesterday, my 2 network scanners
>   -  HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227
>   -  HP Officejet Pro 6830
> were found and worked for printing and scanning.
> God knows what happened during the nightly upgrade, but today,

You too can be privy to the secrets of the Almighty. Look in /var/log/apt
for the logs. What was the upgrade on? Stretch?

> the scanners are not found on my laptop (printing still works correctly)
> Can anybody give me a magic recipe to make them revive?

Please post the outputs of

  lpoptions -p <queue_name_for_Pro_MFP_M227>
  lpoptions -p <queue_name_for_Pro_6830>

> NB: they work correctly from my desktop.

It holds the same OS as the laptop? No upgrade done there?

--
Brian.