Re: Sony Memory Stick problem on Debian 9 stable

> Hello, I want to buy a old Sony compact digital camera which supports
> only Memory Stick, a removable flash memory card format, before buy it,
> I get its memory card to check is it supported under Linux or not.

FWIW, if you use a USB-connected card reader, then the physical media
doesn't actually matter: it's the card reader which handles the details
of the "Memory Stick" access and your computer will only see a standard
USB-connected disk.

Of course compatibility with GNU/Linux can still be relevant in terms of
the file-system used on those things.  I have an old Sony camera using
Memory Stick Pro and the file system used on it is FAT, so I have
absolutely no trouble reading it on my Debian boxes with a USB-connected
card reader.  But in your case, the "Input/output error" indicates the
problem comes before your computer has a chance to look at the
file-system.

Maybe the card you tried to use, or the card reader was faulty (in my
experience, both have fairly high failure rates).

        Stefan