https://pkgs.org/download/ipad-charge

But be careful, messing around with this will for sure void any warranty, and you should know what you're doing (and probably have voltage measuring equipment)

I wont take any guarantees or such.

Am 19.12.2017 um 11:09 schrieb Neo:
Usually such applications come from the HW vendor, I've had an Asus motherboard with such an application (Ai Charge).

It just raised the voltage/current/power on an USB port, so it could charge a device faster.

This in mind, you will probably have to ask you HW vendor for a linux version of this application, but thb, I doubt there is one.

Regards

Neo

Am 15.12.2017 um 22:29 schrieb Matthew Crews:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: foss usb charger
From: steve@airmail.nz
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

i had an app (free utility) for charging my usb device though i did not
often use it. It worked with windows/microsoft on usb 3.
- i do not know if it were included/implemented in my motherboard and the
soft managed it or if the soft did its job as standalone app.

does debian provide a similar software (a gui version pls) ?

Most devices that recharge via a USB cable self-manage this charging process. All your computer does is supply the electric power. I'm not sure why you needed an app to do this.

Why not just plug the device in and see if it works?

Out of curiosity what device is it?

-Matt