Re: LUKS password gets printed as stars

On 19/12/17 02:11, root kea wrote:
I am using LUKS on LVM on Debian Stretch. I have encrypted /home and
swap partition. When initram gets loaded it asks for password to
decrypt swap partition. That passowrd doesn't get printed to screen.
No stars. Nothing.
But After which Kernel gets loaded (I think) and it asks password for
/home which gets printed as stars. I'm really worried about this. Here
is a screenshot https://imgur.com/bC4AF6H
How do I prevent those stars from getting printed on the screen?

I did not see any stars in your screenshot. I saw the passphrase plain text "hunter2".

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director