Re: does elinks have a show hidden links option?

Actually,
the problem with the assumption here is, I am using a Linux shell, not a computer running Linux.
When using a shell, one cannot access playback in that fashion at all.
Do those steps from a command line shell, and you might be getting close.
I will add again,  the shell does not reach a sound card etc.
Now if the captcha reflected the thoughts of some with the w3c, i. e. its a math problem, its a honey pot, its something that does not require images at all, The captcha..which is not the main thrust of my problem, would be nowhere in this discussion. The main thrust of my problem is accessing the hidden links, assuming they are there, on the paypal page after I have logged in, and am trying to pay a money request.
Kare

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his
skin or his background or his religion ... People must learn to
hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to
love... For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its
opposite." Nelson Mandela.

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017, davidson wrote:

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017, didier gaumet wrote:

 Le 14/12/2017 à 09:56, Curt a écrit :
 [...]
>  Maybe some other kind soul (not that I am one of those) is both an
>  elinks guru and a paypal client (if they aren't mutually exclusive
>  categories) and he or she will pipe up here in this forum.
 [...]
 Curt's post reminded me that I do have a Paypal account and I have used
 elinks from time to time in the past.

 So I Installed elinks on my Debian strech.
 In order to be as close as possible to the context of Karen, I launched
 elinks from the second virtual terminal (not from a X11 terminal), with
 elinks default settings.
 My system is configured in french (France) and Unicode 8 bits:
 fr_FR.UTF-8.
 The paypal dot fr  web page (I suppose it would the same with paypal dot
 com) prompted me to connect and I was asked to enter a CAPTCHA code
 (wich would have been displayed in an image in a graphic session) but
 showed me an "Audio Button".
 Pressing that "Audio Button" (I suppose this is its name because in
 french it is called "bouton audio"), a panel proposed different options
 and I pressed "Enter" to select "play" and the VLC media player played
 an audio mp3 file spelling the code to enter.
 I had to press "q" key to exit the VLC panel and the I could then
 navigate on the paypal webpage to the "enter the hereupon code" zone to
 type the code previously played.

 I did not enter the code because the headphone volume was to feeble on
 the console for me to properly recognise english letters spelled by a
 synthetic voice, sorry :-(

To enable some interactive control (like making volume adjustments)
over the application that my text browser launches to play external
audio files, I put the following lines in my home directory's .mailcap
file:

 $ grep '^audio' ~/.mailcap
 audio/x-wav; vlc -I rc %s; nametemplate=%s.wav; needsterminal;
 description="WAV Audio"
 audio/mpeg; vlc -I rc %s; nametemplate=%s.mpg; needsterminal;
 description="MPEG Audio"
 audio/mpegurl; vlc -I rc %s; nametemplate=%s.m3u; needsterminal;
 description="MPEG Audio URL"
 audio/x-mp3; vlc -I rc %s; nametemplate=%s.mp3; needsterminal;
 description="MPEG Audio"
 audio/mpeg4; vlc -I rc %s; needsterminal; description="MPEG-4 Audio"

(The "-I rc" option string to vlc seems to be synonymous with "-I cli")

When the browser launches vlc, there is a command line interface (with
prompt '>') that understands commands like

help       # view all available commands
[hint: there are many; use Shift+UpArrow to see what scrolled off the screen]

 quit       # quit vlc
 repeat     # toggle playing track over and over
 loop       # toggle playing playlist over and over; easier to type than
 repeat
 volume 300 # unsure what the scale is, but 256 seems to mean "100%"
 pause      # toggle pause state; paused/unpaused
 play       # resume playback
 seek 150   # go to 150 second mark)
 rate 0.5   # play at half-speed; only works reliably with local files

For example, the following session toggles looping on (default was
off), resumes playback (in case it had already ended), pauses
playback, sets volume to 300, resumes (unpauses) playback, and then
quits

VLC media player 2.2.7 Umbrella (revision 2.2.7-0-g6e32381286)
[various error messages snipped]
[some memory address] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host "*console".
VLC media player 2.2.7 Umbrella
Command Line Interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
 loop
 play
 pause
 volume 300
 pause
 quit

Lynx consults mailcap. And, according to this manual page, so does
elinks:

 Chapter 10. Managing External Viewers with Mailcap
 http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/html/manual.html-chunked/ch10.html