Re: Embarrassing security bug in systemd

On 09-12-17, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-12-09 at 10:00 +0000, Brian wrote:
> > Consistencey can be achieved by not installing policykit. The OP
> > appears to have chosen the wrong target.Consistencey can be achieved > by not installing policykit.
>
> As Michael pointed out in [1], that's not the case; prior to polkit,
> there was no consistency.
>

> [1]  <[🔎] 8430b277-3757-8261-0e1e-23e274a0b49a@debian.org>

Is it anywhere in Debian documentation described how to achieve
consistency in a way different than current defaults? Or, even better,
is there way that we could get some kind of configuration option to
achieve it? Polkit does not really have user friendly configuration and
is not really something that system administrators configure on a
everyday bases. At least not in my experience. Only thing that I did
find about configuring polkit was from some other distros. Debian wiki
page about PolicyKit is not really helpful.

Thank you for your time,
Dejan