Re: on-screen artifacts (red pixels) at high resolution with Intel HD 630 (Kaby Lake)

On 08.12.2017 17:35, Alexandre Rossi wrote:
(please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list)

A screenshot would be helpful. Does these artifacts appear every single time
or sporadically?
The artifact appear at the same place every single time and seem to
follow (in videos) a single set of colors (dark brownish areas). You
can look at a screenshot[1] of the root window image as taken by
imagemagick and the photo[2] of the result on the screen.

[1] https://sml.zincube.net/~niol/tmp/screenshot.jpg
[2] https://sml.zincube.net/~niol/tmp/screenphoto.jpg

Screenshot [1] looks normal to me, but on screenphoto [2] I clearly see red-ish stripes and pink spots in the middle.

Now it looks like your LCD could be faulty not PC hardware\software. Can you test it with another LCD monitor, or connect it to TV via HDMI cable if it's possible?

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org