Re: Debian 8 and Debian 9 Dual Boot

Dan Norton composed on 2017-11-29 13:07 (UTC-0500):
> After POST, the following appears:

> [...]
> PXE-E53: No boot filename received
> PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.
> ERROR:No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.
It tries to PXE boot because it finds no bootable storage device: there is no
active partition, or no boot code in the MBR sector of the device that you
expect to boot. Installing Grub to a partition leaves the MBR untouched, so it
might not yet contain anything other than partition data. The partitioner I use
installs MBR code automatically. The one in the installer may have needed to
have this step explicitly asked for. It can be added post-install manually. 'man
install-mbr'.

> Isn't that because the primary is not mounted to /boot?

Mounting happens well after the point you have reached.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/