Re: Debian 8 and Debian 9 Dual Boot

Dan Norton composed on 2017-11-13 21:38 (UTC-0500):

> How do you set up LVM so that install does not clobber one of the
> siblings? During installation, for partitioning, do you pick "Manual" or
> "Guided -*" ?

I don't think I've ever used Debian's, or any Debian derivative's, "guided". I
can't remember the last time I didn't pick manual, after *fully* preparing in
advance to my specifications.

Manual will list what partitions and volumes exist, so if you've fully prepared
logical volumes in advance, all that should need to be done within manual is
select mount points and mount options for those you wish used. If volumes exist
but are not formatted, then formatting would be a third selection using manual.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/