Screensaver/lock xfce debian

Hello people,
I have a problem with the screensaver/lock screen function in debian.
The problem is, when I lock the screen (hotkey or over the menu), then
the system stops every process and wifi connection (by deactivating the
wifi). This is quite annoying, because I want to lock the screen for
protection, without stopping processes like compiling programs. I do not
find any setting, where I can modifiy this behaviour, even by searching
in the internet. I also do not want to install a screensaver, like
xscreensaver now, because this is only a ignoring of the problem. Can
somebody help me?

best regards
Basti