Re: [rkhunter] coyote.coyote.den - Daily report

On Monday 27 November 2017 17:39:45 Brian wrote:

> On Mon 27 Nov 2017 at 16:56:15 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > [rkhunter nonsense snipped]

> > > Restore what?
> >
> > An obviously contaminated firefox-esr. Or whatever in this list is
> > contaminated: Its to complete list from the last wheezy update.
> >
> > Turns out that rkhunter looked over firefox-esr on its previous run
> > and apparently gave it a passing grade. So I have to assume its
> > something in yesterdays list:
>
> [Long list snipped]
>
> I'd ignore it. Better still, purge rkhunter from the system. It is
> renowned for giving false positives. There is no well-substantiated
> account of it ever discovering anything of consequence.

Thats another possibility, I get tired of its mewling about stuff thats
normal here. I use amanda, so yes, xinetd is in use, and other similar
crap. I am amazed it doesn't fuss about ~/gene/bin/mailwatcher, which is
my coupling between fetchmail and kmail.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)