Re: Need Help restoring a filesystem on an external drive WD 'My Book'

> How am I to get this drive back to operation, or, at least, to
> recuperate the datafiles that are stored in that WD external drive ?
>
> Thanks in advance to tell me what diagnosis and repair tools I could
> use
>
> Bernard

Hello,

TestDisk checks the partition and boot sectors of your disks.
 It is very useful in forensics, recovering lost partitions.

PhotoRec is file data recovery software designed to recover lost
pictures from digital camera memory or even Hard Disks.It has been
extended to search also for non audio/video headers.

Both are in the packet testdisk

Hope this helps,

Greeting.