Re: software to do drawings of houses, gardens, etc.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
What software is typically used to do outdoor
drawings with houses, gardens, etc.?

I know about Dia, Gimp, and such but was
wondering if there is specific software?

It can be either "kid style" when you drag and
drop items (as long as the proportions are
correct), or basically whatever tools
professionals and DIYers use.

The coolest interface would be a mixture of GUI
and CLI where you'd type what items and with
what proportions and properties you'd like, and
where, and then it would appear graphically on
screen just like that :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

I've recently discovered sweethome3d, and have enjoyed designing a new house for myself.

It locks up (hard!) my two-monitor Debian box, but works fine, albeit a bit slowly, in a Debian VM on a MacBook (with SSD, not platter drive). It also works fine on another Debian box, to which I can remote control via x11vnc from my two-monitor Debian box.

Probably not professional-grade, but I've enjoyed tinkering with it.

--
Kent West                    <")))><