Re: Installer Can Not Find Root

 -----Original Message-----

Simply that
sudo mount /dev/debian-vg/root
was processed as
sudo mount /dev/debian-vg

>> There they are. All the logical volumes. Am I getting close? How can I "mkdir /"
>> on root and succeed with netinst? BTW I did choose Manual partitioning in the
>> installer. :-(
>
>You do not have to do anything with the command line. In the manual
>partitioning main panel showing all disks, partitions and volumes, just
>select a logical volume, edit its settings and select a mount point.

OK, in the installer, logical volumes selected and mount points defined for /, /home, swap, /tmp, and /var.
Thank you, Pascal. That's progress.

Now I have a problem with the EFI partition. I made several attempts with primary partitions. The last is:

#1  primary  1.0MB     F  fat32  /dos
#2  primary  8.6GB  B  K  ESP

"The attempt to mount a file system with type vfat in SCSI1 (0,0,0), partition #2(sda) at /boot/efi failed."

The goal is to multiboot with grub among several Debian partitions. I've been reading [1] and [2]. Are there better references for me to study?

[1]
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/installmanual
[2] https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/