Re: Cumulative internet data transfer {up AND down}

> I'm interested in investigating cumulative data to/from the internet for
> selected interval ranging from an hour to a week.
> My only connection is a device connected thru a USB port.
> My web search turned up only discussion of measuring throughput RATE.
> Suggestion of keyword(s) for search?
> Suggested software?

I'd suggest you try `darkstat`.

It's a fairly lightweight package that's easy to install/setup and which
can give you that kind of information (tho it might not be as flexible
as you like in terms of choices of time interval, and it might be more
detailed than you're requesting in terms of origin/destination).

        Stefan