Firefox with Firejail and "mailto:" URL's

I'm using Firefox in a sandbox with Firejail. The problem is that
the "mailto:"; URL's no longer work, because I have a special config
for the mail (my own Mutt version + various scripts). I'm wondering
what can be done.

I could use Mutt in the sandbox by whitelisting/unblacklisting
various things, but I don't like this very much.

I would prefer to run Mutt out of the sandbox. Does firejail offer
a mechanism for something like that?

If this is not possible, I suppose I could use a script that stores
the URL in a file on the sandbox side, and incron on the desktop side
to invoke Mutt.