Re: Missing qt5-designer in Stretch

On 11/14/2017 07:24 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
On 15/11/17 16:11, Marc Shapiro wrote:
On 11/14/2017 12:58 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
On 15/11/17 04:48, Marc Shapiro wrote:
$ designer
designer: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/designer': No such file or directory
$ assistant
assistant: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/assistant': No such file or directory
qtchooser is defaulting to a version of qttools5-dev-tools that you do not have. You should be able to change this by setting QT_SELECT or by editing/symlinking the qtchooser configuration file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt-default/qtchooser/default.conf . "man qtchooser" for details.
Thanks!  That did it.  Ijust changed the first line in the config file from:
     /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin
to:
     /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin
All is good, now.

Great! Although you should note that Michael Biebl's suggestion to install "qt5-default" will do the same thing but be robust against package updates (I like his advice more than mine).

Kind regards,

But it wants to install 25 packages in addition to itself and take up 29.8MB.  That seems excessive to do something that I have already aqccomplished with no additional packages.

Marc