Re: two graphics cards and two monitors

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Friday,  3 Nov 2017 at 11:19, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > What happens if you run xrandr --output DVI-I-1-2 --auto; ?
>
> $ xrandr --output DVI-I-1-2 --auto
> warning: output DVI-I-1-2 not found; ignoring

This looks like xrandr isn't seeing the second card at all. In *theory*,
nouveau should be able to do multicard with these video cards. However,
it's possible that your xorg.conf is making that not work properly.

Can you move your xorg.conf away, restart X, put your Xorg.0.log up
somewhere, and run xrandr --listproviders; once X has started?

In theory, you should also be using KML, which should configure all of
the outputs fairly early in boot as well.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved
by brute strength and ignorance.
 -- William's Law