Re: KVM PCI Passthrough NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti error code 43

Dear Adam,

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:49:02 +0100
Adam Cécile <adam.cecile@hitec.lu> wrote:

> Here is my notes/scripts when I did that to attach an nvidia card
> inside a KVM virtual machine:
> https://github.com/eLvErDe/nvidia-docker-cuda-kvm-with-passthru/blob/master/create-kvm-for-nvidia-docker.sh

Thank you very much for your script.

Since I am new to virtualisation and a bit a purist, I hoped to not use
docker or at least understand why I should use it.
Could you please tell a word or two about it?
Is it only because of the workaround you mention in the script?

With your script I have successfully created a VM and installed
nvidia-detect but it reports:
# nvidia-detect
Detected NVIDIA GPUs:
00:04.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation Device
[10de:1b06] (rev a1) Uh oh. Your card is not supported by any driver
version up to 340.102. A newer driver may add support for your card.
Newer driver releases may be available in backports, unstable or
experimental.

I hope to have time to do further tests tomorrow by changing your
script to use Debian 9 and its newer drivers.

Thanky again and best regards,
Ramon