Re: codesearch across lines

> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. How can I specify the flag in the searches? So, in my example, I tried
>>>
>>> pandas str /m
>>>
>>> But that query is not finishing.
>>>

>> '(?i) PanDas' seemed to work.
>>
> Ok. That works and does case insensitive search. But the corresponding
> multiline option does not seem to achieve what I want. I tried
>
> (?m) pandas str
>
> and it dies not give any results.

It doesn't die for me. It gives no results, though.

This "works" (for an arbritrary meaning of "work" because I am not cut
out for regular expressions or even irregular expressions and I feel a
migraine coming on):

 (?m)(\W|^)panda.*str(\W|$)

At least there's results and that's always gratifying (in a way).

--
"If you want to build a ship, don’t herd people together to collect
wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to