Re: Rsync

Brian wrote:
> I would take "base system" to mean what the installer means by it. In
> which case, it is should not be associated with "standard system
> utililites". They are different sets of packages.

Generally it is up to the author of a liveCD distribution to
include packages relevant for utility use and I think it's
fair that the net installer focus on minimizing its own
requirements. Equally, rsync is small, useful, and
comprehensible, IMO a good target for teaching the command
line literacy.

cheers

--
Joel Roth