Re: Rsync

On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 08:47:48PM +0000, Brian wrote:

> Nano is an editor. So is vim-tiny. Both are in the base system. Why two
> editors? I suppose they cater for different audiences. Or tastes. (And
> history plays a part). Don't fight it.

As far as vim-tiny, vi is specified/required [0] in POSIX.1-2008.  On
the other hand, nano is probably easier to manage for a user who is not
already familiar with vi.  I can certainly see why both are included.

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/vi.html

--