Re: jmtpfs left undeletable folder after usning with mobile phone

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 02:22:17PM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
> I have used #jmtpfs to get data from my Samsung mobile phone.
> I habe used #mkdir to make an folder.
> After I used #jmtpfs and mount unmount the phone I have this kind of folder
> left.
> #ls -lah
> d?????????  ? ?      ?         ?            ? test1
> I can not delete or do symthing else with the folder
> #mount show me this kind of folder details
> jmtpfs on /home/mike/test1 type fuse.jmtpfs
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000)
> Thanks

Are you running these commands as root? If so then there was something
wrong with how you mounted the test1 directory. If you are running these
commands as a normal user then it might be that you simply do not have
enough privilages to do those commands and hence the question marks
appear.

To get rid of the directory try unmounting it: fusermount -u test1
(probably need to be root to do this) and then delete it.

Answer taken from here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/541533/only-questionmarks-in-linux-dirlisting

Hope this helps, Oli