Re: Bug: updating Debian9 not "allowed".

Am Thu, 26 Oct 2017 13:13:57 +0100 schrieb Darac Marjal:

> [Aside: The debian packaging tool is called "synaptic". "Synaptics" are
> a company producing touchpads. The two are not related]

I know, but I always make this mistake. ;-)

> I believe this is a known bug in synaptic: #864640 [1].

It is hard to believe that this bug is known since June and that there is
neither a fix nor a solution. Deleting the file has worked for me, but I
can't say that there are no side effects.

How should a newbie solve this? Without a work-around there are no
updates possible.