Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 11:46:47PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
2-My lines 1 are always the search lines, each starting with the word "search",
followed by domain(s) to be searched, e.g. "search mylan.net coyote.den
someother.biz"
[...]
4-I have no lines starting with string "domain", but as a result of this thread,
that may soon change.

In general, you should not have a domain line; it has very little purpose these days, and is basically "search" that only allows one search domain. If you have both "domain" and "search" they turn each other off, so only the last one in the file does anything.

Mike Stone