Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 07:26:38PM -0500, David Wright wrote:

> So if you:
> $ ls -l --full-time /etc/resolv.conf
> and then look at what happened at that precise time in /var/log/syslog
> or wherever your logs are being written. What took place?

Most recently the problem happened at 22:29:16.419070807.  Looking in
all of my logs (not just syslog), the only thing that happened near that
time was that a host on my LAN sent a DHCPREQUEST at 22:29:07 (which the
DHCP server answered with a DHCPACK) and then at 22:29:58 Shorewall
dropped an attempt to connect to port 2433 from a host on the Internet.

I have already changed resolv.conf back to my preferred configuration
and I will check again for correlated log entries when it is changed
again.

Regards,

-Roberto

--