Re: Can imagemagick really be safely purged or removed?

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 23:22:55 +0200
Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> wrote:

> Celejar wrote on 10/20/17 19:05:
> <snip>> Thanks. Okay, I did that, and I was then able to remove imagemagick, but
> only
> > if imagemagick:i386 is installed instead - and that's also marked as a
> > dummy package that can be safely removed or purged.
> >
> > At this point:
> >
> > ~$ aptitude search '~iimagemagick'
> > idA imagemagick:i386                                                   - image manipulation programs -- binaries
> > i A imagemagick-6-common                                               - image manipulation programs -- infrastructure
> > i   imagemagick-6.q16                                                  - image manipulation programs -- quantum depth Q16
> >
> > Celejar
> >

> Package imagemagick:i386 is to be replaced by imagemagick-6.q16:i386.
> Try to install that.

Okay - I've installed imagemagick-6.q16:i386, but I still can't remove
dummy package 'imagemagick' without either installing dummy package
'imagemagick:i386' or removing cups.

Currently:

aptitude search '~iimagemagick'
i A imagemagick                                                        - image manipulation programs -- binaries
i A imagemagick-6-common                                               - image manipulation programs -- infrastructure
i A imagemagick-6.q16:i386                                             - image manipulation programs -- quantum depth Q16

Celejar