Re: Can imagemagick really be safely purged or removed?

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:21:24 +0200
Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> wrote:

> Take a look which imagemagick packages are installed:
>
> $ aptitude search '~iimagemagick'
>
> Probably there is a line beginning with
>
> i A  imagemagick-6.q16
>
> which shall replace imagemagick. Also see the dependencies of package imagemagick:
>
> $ dpkg -s imagemagick
>
> So before purging imagemagick you have to
>
> $ aptitude unmarkauto imagemagick-6.q16

Thanks. Okay, I did that, and I was then able to remove imagemagick, but only
if imagemagick:i386 is installed instead - and that's also marked as a
dummy package that can be safely removed or purged.

At this point:

~$ aptitude search '~iimagemagick'
idA imagemagick:i386                                                   - image manipulation programs -- binaries
i A imagemagick-6-common                                               - image manipulation programs -- infrastructure
i   imagemagick-6.q16                                                  - image manipulation programs -- quantum depth Q16

Celejar