Re: Password managers [WAS: Re: when do I get a browsere that will do internet purchases?]

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, at 02:27, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:

> I’d especially like to notice that there are the packages
> *xul-ext-gnome-keyring* and *xul-ext-kwallet5* which make both Firefox
> and Thunderbird use respectively GNOME and KDE’s password
> managers. That’s way more secure imho, and especially with the package
> xul-ext-pwdhash.

But haven't Mozilla, just phased-out xul support in Firefox, requiring
extensions to be written using the 'web-extensions' API?

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.