Re: [OT] Breaking WPA2 by forcing nonce reuse

On Thu 19 Oct 2017 at 11:07:01 -0400, Celejar wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:05:23 +0100
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Wed 18 Oct 2017 at 21:30:48 -0400, Celejar wrote:

> > > developers, etc., but why should I not be worried and upset about the
> > > situation with my phone, printer, etc.?
> >
> > Depends on the level of your concern. There are USB and ethernet
> > connections to the printer. This might require physical relocation
> > of the printer but it could be worth it to be worry-free. Or use a
> > Debian-based, wireless-enabled print server in close proximity to
> > the printer.
>
> Yes, what I'm probably going to do is use the printer's ethernet
> connection along with a Powerline adapter into a nearby power outlet.

That's a good idea, but thinking on: there two ends to the connection,
the printer and the sending device. Fixing printers is unlikely to be
high on vendors' lists of priorities, but a fix is available when the
sending device uses Debian. Isn't it sufficient to fix one end of the
connection to dispose of the vulnerability?

--
Brian.