Re: ugly fonts in thunderbird after sid upgrade

On 18/10/17 07:38, Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 16.10.2017 um 22:50 schrieb Pétur Viljamson:
I have ugly fonts in thunderbird after updating my Debian sid today.
It's the latest freetype upgrade causing this for users which use
subpixel antialiasing. Thunderbird needs to be updated to cope with the
changes in freetype 2.8.1
see https://bugs.debian.org/878870

Aha! So the reason I do not see this defect is my use of the old engine (the one that supports hinting) through a FREETYPE_PROPERTIES setting.

Pétur, please try starting thunderbird with:

FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35 thunderbird

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director