Re: cannot install libsnmp-dev in stretch, wondering about reasonable next steps

Awesome, thanks Roberto.

The output of apt-cache policy libsnmp-dev systemd is:

libsnmp-dev:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 5.7.3+dfsg-1.7
  Version table:
     5.7.3+dfsg-1.7 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
systemd:
  Installed: 232-14
  Candidate: 232-25+deb9u1
  Version table:
     232-25+deb9u1 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
 *** 232-14 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Note that i did not upgrade from a prior version of debian, but rather
installed it on a fresh, empty partition.

Thanks for your help!

dan