Re: non-free firmware not found despite unofficial CD

On Sunday, October 08, 2017 05:07:13 PM bw wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2017, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> > Actually I don't care about wireless stuff, I always considered it
> > unreliable and error-prone and it seems at least in this case I was
> > correct :)
>
> I know there is a legacy of this kind of thinking, but really Linux has
> come a LONG way in a very short time.  Right now millions, if not tens (or
> hundreds?) of millions of people are using wireless reliably and without
> error.  In any case, I hope you'll stick with the install and get the
> issue resolved and post a solution.

Well, just the other thing that affects my thinking (iirc, this is the first
time I chimed in on this thread)--I would just as soon have fewer
electromagnetic waves passing through (or into) my body.

IIRC, the higher the frequency, the higher the energy in those waves--thus the
more likely to have an effect.