Re: Log Xsensors Core Temperature Data

On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 12:11:33 -0400, "Stephen P. Molnar"
<s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to log the time and temperature data for the CPU from the
>xsensors app?
>
>Or, a;alternately, is there an app that will allow me to save the CPU
>core time temperature results?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I have no personal experience with this, but it would seem a simple
matter to write a small shell script to periodically read the
temperature device in /dev and write the data to a file.  Once the
sampled data are available, Linux has a rich set of tools to parse the
data and report whatever you desire.

Alternatively, the technique employed by xsensors could be extracted
from the source code as a basis for a temperature recording program.

Just my 2¢.