Re: 9.1.0 : netinst : installs well, but useless after firstboot

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 11:07:22AM +0530, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> hello,
>
> i just installed the firmware netinst version of 9.1.0 from;
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/9.1.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-9.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso
> and post first boot failed to get the network readily available.
>
> the biggest problem is that my machine does not have a wired
> network interface, only wifi (which works just fine under ubuntu
> 17.04), and so can't figure out how to move ahead without having to
> reboot off the ubuntu 17.04 in "live" mode.
>
> any help on how to proceed with setting up the network after
> completion of the install (in spite of having had setup the network
> during install) would be most welcome.

Install a firmware for your wifi perhaps? If you have Intel, this
could be the package required:

firmware-iwlwifi

Unfortunately this may mean manually downloading the .deb file,
transferring it via sneakernet (or saving to a known hdd location)
and using a command like:

dpkg --install firmware-iwlwifi....deb

Good luck,