Re: virtualbox - missing packages

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 07:33:50 +0200 Tamas Hegedus <biohegedus@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago I could install virtualbox on stretch w/o any problem.
> Now I try to install on a different computer and have the broken
> packages error shown below.
>
> At the same time I have installed:
> i   libssl1.0.2                                               -
> Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
> i   libssl1.1                                                 -
> Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
>
> I also installed vpx-tools
>
> I also have
>
> i   linux-image-amd64                                         - Linux
> for 64-bit PCs (meta-package)
>
> What can I do?
> Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Note, selecting 'virtualbox-5.1' instead of 'virtualbox'
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   virtualbox-5.1 : Depends: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0) but it is not
> installable Depends: libvpx3 (>= 1.5.0) but it is not installable
>                    Recommends: linux-image but it is not installable

I got similar errors last week or so after upgrading to Virtualbox
5.1.28 from 5.1.22 on my Wheezy 64-bit host.  None of my VMs would run
either. Turned out it was due to a mismatched VirtualBox Extension
Pack.  The new one (5.1.28) was downloaded, but not installed.  I was
still running 5.1.22.  I manually installed .28 and all is working.  I
also checked I had the correct matching Guest Additions installed,
too.

NOTE:  I use ONLY the VB versions from the VirtualBox repo.  NOT the
versions from the Debian repos or backports.