Re: no sound on Lenovo Ideapad 110

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

Yes. It looks like sound card was detected and initialized, but Pulse
Audio was unable to set it as "default" automatically.
Have you tried to list and use available cards from alsa perspective
(your device names may be different)?
    $ aplay -l | grep ALC
        card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC887-VD Analog

  up to now, pulseaudio always failed, but at last I could start it
  after removing the ~/.config/pulse directory.
  I could then run pavucontrol, kmix, pactl, but still impossible to
  have sound through the speaker, even after:
     ==> pactl set-sink-port 1 analog-output-speaker
     ==> pactl set-sink-port analog-output-speaker
     using the devices given by "aplay -L", I only get the sound
     through the headphone,
     Idem with vlc(output set to pulse)
     with ==>speaker-test -Dpulse -c 2 -t wav    , I get:
      speaker-test 1.1.3

      Playback device is pulse
      Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
      WAV file(s)
      ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM pulse
      Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel