Freeze while typing decryption password at boot

Hi, I'm Doug.

I'll describe this issue here in the hopes of finding what package should I vinculate the bug report to.
When typing my decryption password at boot, two or three characters are caught at first, but then my input is completely ignored for 1 ~ 2 seconds. The password entry is completely frozen during that time. I fail to enter the right password all the time. The second try works.

I've seen this issue in:

Fedora 26
Debian 9 (did not affect Debian 8)

I appreciate some enlightenment on this and how to proceed.