Re: Debian9 just showing me black screen after grub.

On 09/03/2017 10:32 PM, Jaehong Park wrote:
I just installed Debian 9 yesterday.
And I gave a fatal problem with login screen.
After grub it only showing me black screen, but enter my password it starts showing me my desktop environment screen correctly.

What�s the cause?

I would add nomodeset after ro in grub and remove splash and quiet, you can do that at grub boot, just hit the e key for edit, also if you can tell us something about you video card that would help, I'm guessing ati or nvidia.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Buster - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda8
Registered Linux User #380263