Re: sudo slow on DNS lookup, with invalid resolv.conf entries

> The last time I recollect this "someone" sticking his head above the
parapet was in the thread beginning at

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 22:43:44 +0200

-----
- The system hostname (and domainname if any) should ALWAYS be
resolvable, whether a network is up or not, regardless of which.
(Assuming that lo is always up, if not, many things break anyway.)

- "localhost" when added like this to /etc/hosts is basically like a TLD.
"localhost" is one of the reserved names, unlike ip6-localhost and friends
and unlike .localdomain.
Further, but this isn't the case anymore anyway,... we should not
generate localhost.localdomain.
-----

If system hostname should ALWAYS be resolvable, whether there is network
or no, the change in /etc/hosts
from (default in stretch):
127.0.0.1       localhost
to (my system):
127.0.0.1       localhost localhost.localdomain

is justifiable as it breaks (not literally break, just adds lot of delay)
to sudo in a non-networked environment.

x9p