Re: sudo slow on DNS lookup, with invalid resolv.conf entries

Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Sunday 17 September 2017 16:54:27 deloptes wrote:
>
>> x9p wrote:
>> > Should be on debian by default in my opinion.
>>
>> ... and truly it is
>
> Not on the 3 other wheezy's nor on the one jessie machine I can inspect
> in a couple minutes here.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

No idea, on any debian I installed local host maps to 127.0.0.1

This is the default from the last stretch install

$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       fujitsu.mydomain    fujitsu

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Interesting to know why.

If it is about localhost.localdomain .... no idea where localdomain is
coming from. Perhaps if you install in a local network without domain, or
if you do not enter any.

The line in stretch

127.0.1.1       fujitsu.mydomain    fujitsu

is new to me, but computer works with local dhcp/dns, so why bother

regards