Re: What is /var/cache/apt good for ? (and other Sid dist-upgrade riddles)

Hi,

> In 2017, it's probably more a historical artifact than a useful
> feature,

It would be very helpful if it could make gpg find my secret key.
Currently i cannot do "debuild -S" because gpg says there is no key.
GnuPG docs say that the file secring.gpg would be converted automatically
to the new format at first use. Not for me.

> just run "apt-get clean" and enjoy the extra space.

Will do, when i managed to build my packages. But as it looks now, i will
have to trash this Sid version in favor of its predecessor.
(All the effort to make vim usable after dist-upgrade would be wasted then.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas