Re: Minicom problem

Fred wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I sometimes use minicom to talk to some equipment over a wired
> connection.  Minicom comes up off line and I can't find what makes it go
> on line.  I look through some of the menus and at some point it decides
> it is on line.  Maybe it has a timeout.  How can I make it cut out the
> foolishness immediately go on line?

I am not aware that it has timeout. Perhaps the problem is on the other end
or if you configure too high speed, it might be unstable.

What is the version of minicom you use? On which system (debian,kernel
etc) ?

Last time I used it it without issues was in jessie, couple of months ago.

Try at lower speed/rate.

regards