Re: mariadb uninstall/reinstall

On 9/14/17, Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> wrote:
> "larry owens" writes:
>
>> Colleagues
>>

> [...]
>
>> Unfortunately I
>> have been unable to find a set of instructions to safely remove
>> Maria. Can anyone point me to a working process (the one's on the web
>> currently don't seem to work). TIA
>
> Hi, as long as you installed it from Debian packages, you only have to
> purge (as opposed to only remove) its packages and then reinstall.

I was wondering about that. I a-sumed maybe it tried to over-purge
other important packages the way that happens sometimes.

Larry, it might others help you if you gave a hint or two about the
methods you found online that didn't work. Others may know of
successful work-arounds if they hear more about what misfired. You
never know, you may have even stumbled onto a bug.. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *